The Magic Roundabout (Pollux - Le manège enchanté) is a 2005 French-British computer-animated adventure fantasy film based on the television series The Magic Roundabout.
Why It Rocks
Note: This will only focus on the original UK and French dubbed versions of The Magic Roundabout.
- It's good to see Dougal and his friends back, after 13 years.
- It stays clearly faithful the source material.
- It's a very good way to bring Dougal and his friends to the silver screen.
- Nice soundtrack, including the orchestral version of The Magic Roundabout theme song.
- Many funny moments.
- There is an unintentionally funny moment in the form of the "GET THE DI-A-MONDS!" scene.
- The CG-animation is superb, compared to the 1963 stop-motion animated TV series.
- Likable and memorable characters, including Dougal, Zebedee, Brian, Ermintrude and Dylan.
- The fight scene between Zebedee and Zeebad is nothing short of awesome.
- The new character redesigns are very impressive.
- The modified design for Dougal is very cute and charming.
- The relationship between Dougal and Florence is so cute.
- Zeebad is a very fearsome villain.
- The film is far superior in French and British English. It also has Tom Baker (better known as the Fourth Doctor from Doctor Who) as the voice of Zeebad instead of Jon Stewart.
- Great voice acting, especially in both UK and French dubbed versions.
- Best plot.
- Florence is still a cute tomboy.
The Only Bad Qualities
- The opening nightmare sequence can be too scary for a G rating.
- The Characters can be annoying at times