Your a mean one Mr grinch - tyler
The Grinch (also known as Dr. Seuss' The Grinch) is a 2018 American 3D computer-animated Christmas film produced by Illumination Entertainment.
Based on the 1957 Dr. Seuss book How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, it is the third screen adaptation of the story, following the television special from 1966 an
d the live-action feature-length film from 2000.
The Grinch is directed by Yarrow Cheney and Scott Mosier, written by Michael LeSieur and Tommy Swerdlow, narrated by Pharrell Williams and starring the voices of Benedict Cumberbatch, Rashida Jones, Kenan Thompson, Cameron Seely and Angela Lansbury.
It is scheduled to be released by Universal Pictures in the United States on November 9, 2018, in RealD 3D and select IMAX theaters.
It received generally positive reviews from critics who praised the animation and Cumberbatch’s voice acting, but said the film added nothing new to the story.
Plot: The Grinch and his loyal dog, Max, live a solitary existence inside a cave on Mount Crumpet. His main source of aggravation comes during Christmastime when his neighbours in Whoville celebrate the holidays with a bang. When the Whos decide to make Christmas bigger and brighter, the disgruntled Grinch realises there is one way to gain peace and quiet. With help from Max, the green grump hatches a scheme to pose as Santa Claus, steal Christmas and silence the Whos' holiday cheer once and for all.
Why It Rocks:
- It did try to stay faithful to the book and the 1966 special.
- The plot is good.
- A lot of funny moments.
- Good character designs.
- Fred is a funny new characrter
- Good voice acting.
- The animation (in most Illumination movies) is great.
- Good songs by Tyler, the Creator.
- Cindy Lou and Max's designs are cute.
- The Grinch's backstory is kinda emotional like in the 2000 live action movie.
- Great soundtrack.
- For the first time, The Grinch apologizes for stealing Christmas.
- Good new characters, such as Axl, Ozzy, Izzy, and Groopert.
- The scene where Max is playing with a new doggie toy that The Grinch bought for him is cute.
- "Your a Mean One, Mr. Grinch", though catchy is a poor attempt at being hip and cool.
- The "Go Time" scene was kinda disturbing as you might want to look away if your those easily disturbed.
- It forgot important lines, such as "Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more". Why did they forget that?! They also didn't put his iconic line where he says the Christmas tree is broken and says instead something that doesn’t even rhyme
- When the Grinch was surrounded by all the noise around him, he was suppose to be violent and destroy the giant Christmas tree and even half of Whoville. Sadly, this didn't happen, which ruins the character because he's suppose to be evil.
- The Grinch didn't even get to sing a song in this movie, even if it would've been just a new original villain song for the film.
- Audrey Geisel, Dr. Seuss' wife passed away a month after the film was in theaters.