Teen Titans Go! To the Movies is a 2018 American animated cartoon superhero comedy film based on the television series Teen Titans Go!, which is based on the DC Comics Teen Titans superhero team of the same name and produced by Warner Bros. Animation. It is written by series developers Michael Jelenic and Aaron Horvath and directed by series producer Peter Rida Michail and Horvath. The events of the film take place during the fifth season of Teen Titans Go!.
Why It Rocks
- Uses its content from the show very well.
- Very cool and fitting plot for a show like Teen Titans Go.
- The Teen Titans from the show are a lot more likable in this movie, specially Robin, as he is very sympathizing because of how he is tired of being treated badly because of his role as a sidekick and being considered a joke because of the past silly things he and the Titans have done. He also doesn't act like a mean-spirited and unlikable tyrant towards his team. And the other Titans are likable too because of how they comfort Robin when he is feeling down from being considered not a hero by the other DC heroes.
- Slade finally appears in the series.
- Amazingly bright and colorful animation that is much better than the show's animation.
- Awesome voice acting.
- It has a good message of never giving up, and never letting yourself be put down by the bad and hurtful things that people say about you, and what really matters is what you think of yourself.
- Awesome action.
- Tons of good references, like the Green Lantern's movie being an un-talk-able subject.
- Tons of heartwarming moments, like when the other Titans tell Robin that he may not be a huge famous super hero, but he is a really good super hero to them.
- The mid-credits scene where the Teen Titans from the original series say 'they may have found a way back.'
- Ironically, it was a box office bomb, but luckily, Warner Bros. kept making theatrical animated feature films.
- Overuse of butt gags, like baby Superman twerking (yes, even pleasant surprises like this can come up with flaws that even go as far as to surpass standards of the worst of its show by showing A FULLY NUDE INFANT TWERKING!!!!!!!!!! Sure, a fully naked hot woman with thick thighs would also be WAY too inappropriate for a kids movie and more appropriate for an erotica, but at least it’s something appealing by itself for people that are interested in that kind of stuff.).
- Poor potty humor, like the pooping in a prop toilet scene.
- The TV show it’s based on has much lower standards due to its two-way sexism (both misogyny and misandry) in “Boys vs. Girls” and deliberate insults towards the original Teen Titans (not that it’s a perfect show, but it has great reasons to have a fandom. Ignore what Healthy Fandoms & Hatedoms Wiki says, it has a fandom and hatedom that have both toxic and healthy portions) in The Return of Slade and Finally a Lesson (the spiritual predecessor to Teen Titans Roar that is part of what makes it the worst Cartoon Network show since the infamous reboots like The Powerpuff Girls and seasons 5 & 6 of the original show by the rapist that brought us The Loud House, but there are also some CN reboots that were actually badass like Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the early 2010s reboot of ThunderCats).