Regular Show: The Movie is a 2015 American animated science-fiction, buddy comedy film based on the Cartoon Network original series, Regular Show. It is produced by Cartoon Network Studios and had its television premiere on November 25, 2015 on Cartoon Network. The events of the movie takes place during the seventh season of the show.
When a series of events in the distant future cause a dying Rigby to warn the park crew about the future, they must time travel back in time to when Mordecai and Rigby were in high school to stop a evil, crazy volleyball coach from destroying time, the universe, and their friendship.
Why It Rocks Edit
- The film does a great job handling a time-traveling plot, one of of the most convoluted storytelling tropes in fiction.
- The cast, all brought back from the original series, do another great job portraying their characters once again.
- A excellent soundtrack.
- The creator, J. G Quintel, decided to make the events of the film set in the middle of season six and season seven.
- We learn the true reason why Mordecai and Rigby did not go to college when they were younger.
- This film makes Mordecai and Rigby's friendship even stronger.
- The film takes slight inspiration from Back to The Future and Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, plot and character-wise.
Bad Qualities Edit
- Mr. Ross, the main antagonist of the film, is pretty bland and changes his entire goal halfway into the film.
- "College University" is the most generic and unoriginal name for a fictional college.
- Mordecai and Rigby's high school is West Anderson High School, an obvious reference to director Wes Anderson.