Pixar Animation Studios is an American computer animation film studio based in Emeryville, California. It began in 1979, as the Graphics Group, part of the Lucasfilm computer division, before it was purchased by Apple Inc and renamed as Pixar in 1986. The Walt Disney Company purchased Pixar in 2006, and currently owns the company.
Why They Rock
- The first fully computer animated film was created by them in 1995, and to this day they keep raising the bar high (with some exceptions) when it comes to animated films.
- It was the first major computer-animation studio to successfully produce theatrical feature films.
- Fantastic animation for their films, with the animation improving greatly in each and every film. Even the weaker films manage to still have stunning animation.
- They are known for their unique and creative concepts, such as making films based on the perspective of toys (Toy Story), monsters (Monsters, Inc.), fish (Finding Nemo), bugs (A Bug's Life), vehicles (Cars) and even the dead (Coco).
- The movies usually manage to have great voice acting, with John Ratzenberger voicing at least one character in every Pixar film.
- Great music for their movies, especially from Randy Newman, Thomas Newman, and Michael Giacchino.
- Their films manage to have plenty of heartwarming moments.
- Alongside the movies, they also make plenty of great shorts, with the shorts usually being paired with one of their releases.
- Plenty of easter eggs, such as the famous Pizza Planet Truck easter egg, the iconic Pixar ball, and A113.
- Most of the movies spawned video games. Also, they made their first LEGO video game based on the two Incredibles films.
- They have been very well known for animating effects that have never been done before, like this video of Moana shows two Pixar employees Kyle Odermatt and Brian Tong explaining how they figured out how to animate water more realistically.
- Cars 2 is considered its weakest films.
- While most of films had box-office hits, some had underperformed at the box-office, despite its positive reviews, like The Good Dinosaur and Onward.
Movies With Their Own Page
- Toy Story (1995)
- A Bug's Life (1998)
- Toy Story 2 (1999)
- Monsters, Inc. (2001)
- Finding Nemo (2003)
- The Incredibles (2004)
- Cars (2006)
- Ratatouille (2007)
- WALL-E (2008)
- Up (2009)
- Toy Story 3 (2010)
- Brave (2012)
- Monsters University (2013)
- Inside Out (2015)
- The Good Dinosaur (2015)
- Finding Dory (2016)
- Cars 3 (2017)
- Coco (2017)
- Incredibles 2 (2018)
- Toy Story 4 (2019)
- Onward (2020)