Bee Movie is a 2007 American computer animated comedy film produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by Paramount Pictures. Directed by Simon J. Smith and Steve Hickner, the film stars Jerry Seinfeld and Renée Zellweger, with Matthew Broderick, Patrick Warburton, John Goodman and Chris Rock in supporting roles. Its story follows Barry B. Benson (Seinfeld), a honey bee who sues the human race for exploiting bees after learning from his florist friend Vanessa (Zellweger) that humans sell and consume honey.
Why It Rocks
- Good animation, even for Dreamworks standards.
- "You like jazz?"
- It spawned many memes of it, including the one stated above.
- Mostly good voice acting.
- Jerry Seinfeld did a very good job voicing Barry.
- Patrick Warburton is very funny in this movie.
- Decent characters.
- Excellent portrayal of bee society, where honey is used for soap, toothpaste, and hair gel.
- Great soundtrack, including Sheryl Crow's cover of The Beatles' “Here Comes the Sun”
- Despite being great, Jerry Seinfeld as Barry can be a little annoying at times.
- The human designs look awful.
- Creepy Premise
- Unfunny Jokes
Bee Movie recieved mostly negative reviews from critics and audiences alike, making it one of DreamWorks' most forgettable films